How to Hardcode Subtitles to Videos MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV etc?
Burn in and Hardcode Subtitles like SRT, ASS, SSA, IDX, SUB to Videos
Why Hardcode Subtitles?
Subtitles are very common for video fans and the subtitles can help users to understand a foreign video or help hearing impaired users to understand a video very well. There are two popular subtitles types: hard subtitles and soft subtitles. Now many users would like to convert the soft subtitles to hard subtitles, that is, to hardcode subtitles probably due to the soft subtitles drawbacks as below.
- Playing soft subtitles will add processing complexity to the device, so the low-powered devices or devices with low configuration may not play the video with soft subtitles.
- The soft subtitles has poor compatibility with devices, so sometimes users will encounter incompatibility issue or bugs when playing the video with soft subtitles.
- Some video format, such as AVI, can not support soft subtitles well, so sometimes the soft subtitles in an AVI file will not display normally.
On the opposite, the hard subtitles can avoid all the above soft subtitles drawbacks. Because unlike that the soft subtitles are independent from the video, the hard subtitles are a part of the video.
How to Hardcode Subtitles?
To convert the soft subtitles to hard subtitles or to hardcode the subtitles, a soft subtitles to hard subtitles converter named Avdshare Video Converter is needed. Please check the key features of Avdshare Video Converter as follows:
- Hardcode subtitles to MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, MKV, ASF, VOB, RMVB, etc.
- Hardcode all kinds of subtitles types to video, like SRT, ASS, IDX, SUB, SSA, etc to videos or movies.
- Hardcode subtitles with converting the original video format to another one.
- Hardcode subtitles with editing the original video file: trim, rotate, crop, split, merge the video file, add logo, music, watermark, special effects, subtitles to video, adjust video resolution, codec, size, bitrate, etc.
Guide on How to Hardcode Subtitles
Follow the guide below to hardcode any subtitles type to any video file.
Make Preparation: Free download Soft Subtitles to Hard Subtitles Converter
Step 1 Import video you want to hardcode subtitles
You can opt to click the "Add file" button to add the video to Avdshare Video Converter. Or drag and drop the video to Avdshare Video Converter.
Step 2 Add the soft subtitles that you like to hardcode
Click Effect button to open the Video Edit, then switch to Subtitle tab.
Then click the Plus Sign button to add the soft subtitles like srt, and finally click OK button to close the Video Edit window.
Step 3 Select the soft subtitles you want to hardcode to video
Click the Video Subtitle Triangle drop-down button to choose the soft subtitles that you want to hardcode.
Step 4 Finishing hardcoding subtitles to videos
Click "Convert" button to finish the hardcoding subtitles like srt to videos process.