How to Crop MOV Videos on Mac or Windows?
Crop MOV as well as Keep or Change Video Aspect Ratio
Best MOV Cropper
Avdshare Video Converter is an all-in-one MOV cropper and video cropper, which can crop MOV, MP4, AVI, MKV, VOB, DV, FLV, RMVB, AVCHD, MPEG, M2TS, etc. and keep the video aspect ratio or change the aspect ratio. This powerful MOV cropper can help you from the following aspects:
- Crop the MOV and keep the video size to 3840x2160, 4096x2160, 1920x1080, 960x540, 720x576, 704x576, 720x480, 640x480, 480x320, etc
- Crop the top and bottom side of the MOV file or crop the MOV left or right side
- Adjust the MOV aspect ratio as 16:9, 4:3, 2.35:1, 1.85:1, etc or customize the unique aspect ratio
- Crop the MOV file as well as keep the MOV video format; or crop MOV video and convert to other video format in order to import the cropped MOV file into any media players and portable devices.
- Crop MOV files as well as merge or split video files.
- Besides crop MOV file, edit MOV file like add special effect/water mark, adjust video resolution/size/bit rate, add/delete/define audio channel, add/delete/edit subtitles, etc.
Tutorial to Crop MOV
Here is an elaborate guide showing how to crop MOV file step-by-step.
Get ready: free download the best MOV cropper.
Step 1 Insert MOV file
Firstly click "Add File" button or drag and drop MOV file to this app. You can batch crop MOV files.
Step 2 Crop MOV
Click the "Crop" button, then, a crop frame will appear on the screen. Please drag and crop frame to define the part you wish to keep.
Or you can set the exact value of the left, right, top, bottom side.
By default, the aspect ratio of the image in output file is the same as the cropped area.
You can also set the output aspect ratio from the Zoom Mode according to your need.
Keep Original: Keep the aspect ratio of the crop size.
Full Screen: Stretch your cropped video to fit for the aspect ratio of the output video resolution.
16:9: Stretch your cropped video to fit for the aspect ratio of 16:9.
4:3: Stretch your cropped video to fit for the aspect ratio of 4:3.
If the aspect ratio of cropped area is not the same as the aspect ratio of output video size, it will use black color to fill the blank area, that is black bar on top and bottom or left and right. If you want it to be other color, such as white, you can use Pad Color to select any color you want.
Tick "Apple to All" option if you wish to batch crop MOV files.
After that, click “OK” to save the setting.
Step 3 Crop video as well as keep or change video size (resolution)
By default, the video size of the cropped file is the same as the source file. The cropped area will be stretched to fill into the original size.
If you want the output video size to be the same as the cropped area or other size as your need, click "Setting" button -> "Advanced" -> "Video Size". And Click drop-down button of "Video Size" to select the one you want or type the data with exact size that Crop Area Size shows or just according to your requirements.
Step 4 Set output video format for the cropped MOV video
Click the "Profile" drop down button to select preferable video format for the cropped video. You can select MOV as output profile or select MP4, AVI, MPG, FLV, WMV, etc as the output video format for the will be cropped MOV movie.
Step 5 Complete to crop MOV
Click the BIG ROUND button at the right bottom side to begin and finish to crop MOV file.
Why Crop MOV?
“Video Editing: How can I crop the frame of a .mov file? (mac)-I have a screencast that I'd like to use, but a portion of the recorded video is irrelevant and taking up space... anyway to cut off the sides of a .mov file on a Mac? Thanks!”
This is a common question on the internet. Did you ever encounter the following circumstances?
- Need to crop a video and retain aspect ratio but change video dimensions.
- Wish to crop the black borders of a MOV file but keep the video aspect ratio.
- Transfer a MOV file from the phone to the pc and want to make it full-screen so that need to crop the MOV file and retain the original aspect ratio.