Best Way to Add SRT Subtitles to MP4
Add Subtitles in any Formats like SRT, ASS, SSA, IDX, SUB, etc. to MP4
Ever wish to find a good program to add subtitles (.srt files) to Mp4 movies preferably without having to re-encode the whole movie in order to prevent any video quality loss? Ever dream to add subtitles permanently to existing mp4 h.264 file? Ever want to add SRT or ASS or SSA to MP4, and display the subtitles with iTunes or Quicktime, VLC player?
If so, you come to the right place. This passage aims to offer the best way to add subtitles in formats like SRT, ASS, SSA, IDX, SUB, etc. to MP4.
Best MP4 Subtitle Adder
Adding subtitles to MP4 is the most widely used function for this best MP4 subtitle adder. Besides that, this all-in-one app will surprise you with more helpful functions as below.
- Add subtitles to any video format like MP4, AVI, WMV, RMVB, AVCHD, MPEG, MOV, MKV, DV, FLV, etc.
- Edit subtitles like adjust font, color, size, transparency and vertical space.
- Delete the original subtitles and add other subtitles.
- Video converter: convert video to other formats if necessary in order to open it with various media players.
- Video editor: trim or crop, merge or split, add special effect, add watermark, adjust volume, bitrate, audio channel, etc.
- Window version and Mac version are both available.
Tutorial to How to Add Subtitles to MP4
Step 1 Import MP4 file or files
Click “Add File” button or drag and drop MP4 to this app.
Step 2 Add subtiles
Click "Effect" button and a small window will pop up. Go to "Subtitle" tab and click "+" to insert a subtitle or subtitles from your local file folder. Then click "OK" to save the settings. You are also allowed to edit subtitles here.
Step 3 Set MP4 as output profile
Click the "Profile" drop-down button to select MP4 from the "General Video" or "HD Video" category. You can select AVI, MKV, VOB, MOV, WMV, 3GP and etc as output video format.
Step 4 Finish adding subtitles to MP4
Click “Convert” button, and after a little while, you can get the MP4 file embedded with subtitles.
More Information about Subtitles
Subtitles are mainly in the formats like SRT, ASS, SSA, IDX, and SUB, etc at present. Let’s know more about them.
- SRT format: SRT subtitle is the most widely used subtitle, in addition, it is the most compatible format and can be displayed by most media players and can be edited by most subtitle editor.
- SSA format: SSA subtitle is mainly applied by the subtitle editor- SubStation Alpha, having various options including Karaoke, audio effects, graphic drawing etc.
- ASS format: ASS subtitle is very similar to SSA.